VueScan software for scanner?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
anyone try this program yet? i don't want to getr a new scanne because mine isn't carbonized but apparenly i can use this with my scsi espon

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    VueScan is excellent. Totally top notch. I have used it with a high-end Canon slide scanner and a flatbed Epson.

Originally I tried it because my Epson didn't have OS X native drivers - and it wouldn't work in Classic in Photoshop. I have found that the scan quality when using VueScan is higher than the actual Epson TWAIN drivers.

Give it a shot - I believe there is a demo option which will scan but puts a large crosshatch on your image. Good way to see the quality without paying the fee.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I am thinking about buying this...it's been a while since I played with the demo, but I seriously doubt Epson will ever release ad rive for my Perfection 2100. It is sadly collecting dust in my closet right now. Please post more VueScan success stories! I do think it is a little pricey (isn't it like $60 or soemthing...half that would be a good price IMHO).
  • Reply 3 of 11
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    I think it is only $40 (or was when I bought it a while ago). Works great, if a little slow.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by JBL:

<strong>I think it is only $40 (or was when I bought it a while ago). Works great, if a little slow.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The speed of VueScan has really picked up over the past couple of years. It's significantly faster than the Nikon-provided software on my Dual 800 now. The image quality it produces is also top notch.

The interface is a little rough, but the software is outstanding. Don't hesitate -- buy it.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    If only it supported the UMAX 1220-U (it was nearly the only USB scanner available when I bought it with the origional iMac.)
  • Reply 6 of 11
    thanks Pie man, i'll give it a shot, $40 is alot cheaper than a new scanner!

damm scantastic will never updated
  • Reply 7 of 11
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Fantastic piece of software!

I use it with my Canoscan N1240U and the results are excellent.

Vuescan is being updated and more drivers being added all the time.

Check out <a href="http://www.hamrick.com"; target="_blank">Hamrick Software</a> for all the info.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    I am going to install it on a Mac at work which we use for scanning/CD-Burning. It was originally an 8600/250. I have a G4/400 card & Radeon in there w/10.2.4.

I will be hooking up the SCSI scanner later today. I will be sure to post my impressions. If it works for this Mac, it will work for any.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    wow, i tried and bought it already. very impressed so far! i'm psyched that i don't have to buy a new scanner for a while
  • Reply 10 of 11
    SCSI -&gt; Firewire connected Heidelberg Sapphire2.

VueScan saved the day, and works like a charm!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Isn't it just crazy that this, seemingly, one man software company can put together a cool app like this that works with so many scanners. Yet, the company's that make the scanners can't put together a half ass driver for their own products in OS X?? :confused:

Same thing with a lot of other peripherals.

Gamepads come to mind.

Vuescan is great though. I wish that company the best. They deserve it.