iBook troubles

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ahhh, finally!! Just need someone or somebody to just help me figure out what this problem is, getting fustrated isn't a answer here.

alright, I got a iBook G3 never had any problems till last night it started acting up. Now I've been a apple fan for awhile, but don't know to much about the specs in their laptops.

Last night, something started to make noise, I worried, but not enough to think about it not working. Well after I was done with the laptop i turned it off and relaxed into the night. Then I wanted to edit a little on my project, and I turned it on and thought things were normal, then the finder pops on the middle of the screen, blinking between a question mark, then I hear from the left of the mouse pad, something was trying to move but couldn't or something along thoughs lines, I really don't know what happened and not going to try to fix it till i have some feedback or some knowlage of what i should be doing.

thank you.!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lavamonsters View Post

Ahhh, finally!! Just need someone or somebody to just help me figure out what this problem is, getting fustrated isn't a answer here.

alright, I got a iBook G3 never had any problems till last night it started acting up. Now I've been a apple fan for awhile, but don't know to much about the specs in their laptops.

Last night, something started to make noise, I worried, but not enough to think about it not working. Well after I was done with the laptop i turned it off and relaxed into the night. Then I wanted to edit a little on my project, and I turned it on and thought things were normal, then the finder pops on the middle of the screen, blinking between a question mark, then I hear from the left of the mouse pad, something was trying to move but couldn't or something along thoughs lines, I really don't know what happened and not going to try to fix it till i have some feedback or some knowlage of what i should be doing.

thank you.!

Hard drive failure ... or, if the iBook is still working, imminent HD failure.

If the latter: back up your important documents immediately, whether to an external HD, USB Flash Drive, or CDR.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

Hard drive failure ... or, if the iBook is still working, imminent HD failure.

If the latter: back up your important documents immediately, whether to an external HD, USB Flash Drive, or CDR.

figuring it out just need a new hardware from what you said, and just seeing how it acted up.

thank you