Adobe CS3 Master Coll. install problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey all,

It's been a while since I've had anything but joy from my Macbook Pro using all kinds of software. This problem persists though. And I've tried lots and lots of different things to resolve it. I took a screenshot to save you from reading quite a lot.. The error box title is in Danish and it says: "Installation warning"

That's all. It ejects my install dvd and nothing else happens. I cannot continue the installation, and the fans start to speed up as if the program is using a whole lot of kernel power. Then I have to kill the setup program from the Apple menu.

When I re-insert the install dvd and run the setup app I can either "install more apps or re-install apps" or "remove apps".

Only the "remove apps" part work properly.

Then I'm back to square one. No CS3 on my Mac... Please help.

The screenshot can be found here: Screenshot

Regards,

Soeren

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Did you make sure to remove CS2 completely or really any Adobe software before installing? Basically, remove all Adobe apps from the Applications folder and the folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe. You don't have to delete them, just move them into a desktop folder or something.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Did you make sure to remove CS2 completely or really any Adobe software before installing? Basically, remove all Adobe apps from the Applications folder and the folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe. You don't have to delete them, just move them into a desktop folder or something.

Oh yes.. I tried everything, and got to lvl 10 in this Adobe troubleshooting guide: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...0584&sliceId=1

This has solved my problem: Install Adobe Creative Suite 3 from the desktop.

It must have been a problem with my dvd's. Anyway - it's done - at last.

Thanks for the feedback!