Changing trash back to list view

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, I just made a jump from 10.4.6 to 10.4.10 and a few things went wonky on me during the transition. Most have been fixed, like assignments of which applications open what files not "sticking" no matter how many times I changed them and Safari constantly asking for permission to update the keychain every time a password field came up (all these problems needed permissions repaired). One is driving me nuts. The trashcan now opens in column view. That's worthless. I know where the trashcan is, so I don't need to know what the file hierarchy is. And you can't preview anything in the trash. I always had it on list view before, but the moment I empty this trash, it goes back to column view. I've logged out and restarted both with trash emptied and full and it didn't help. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Make sure that 'open new windows in column view' is unchecked in the finder's general preferences. Otherwise, repairing permissions might help with something.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I've always had that checked in all previous versions of OS X and the trash has never opened in column view on my systems. Like I wrote, I hope Apple hasn't made this a new "feature" because seeing trash in column view makes no sense whatsoever. And I already repaired permissions for the other problems, so repairing it again won't make a difference.