operating system replacement

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
if you were to buy a computer from apple, and they came out with their new operating system, but you had bought the computer before the new one came out, how long after would they give you an upgrade.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

if you were to buy a computer from apple, and they came out with their new operating system, but you had bought the computer before the new one came out, how long after would they give you an upgrade.

Apple may announce or release Leopard in the next few days. If they announce it only, they may have a free upgrade program. Either way, if you've just bought a mac, you can take back the mac or probably strike some kind of deal otherwise.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Apple may announce or release Leopard in the next few days.

What makes you say that they might release it within the next few days? I was under the impression that Apple is having trouble meeting their October deadline much less releasing it a month or two early.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

What makes you say that they might release it within the next few days? I was under the impression that Apple is having trouble meeting their October deadline much less releasing it a month or two early.

I think he means they may announce a ship day in the next few days.