Ordered iPod on 9/3...What will they send me now?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hello everyone, I just ordered an iMac on Monday (9/3) using the college discount which entitles me to a free iPod by purchasing one and then filling out a rebate. At the time of purchase the new iPods were yet to be released, and today I find that they have just shipped my iPod nano. I selected the 4GB product red ipod nano on Monday. Have any of you experienced something like this where the product changes between order date and delivery date? I am very curious as to what they will send me since the free printer I ordered came this afternoon, while the iPod seems to have just left the Apple location this morning around 7am. If they send me the old generation nano, how can I upgrade (at no cost to me) to the newly released nano? Also, the nano I ordered was retailed at $199, the new 8GB one is also retailed at $199.

I appreciate any and all responses, and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Read this from Apple's Web site.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thanks for the reply. i also called 1800MYAPPLE and they told me the same thing but the guy did not want to provide any reason for it. Any ideas as to why the phone operators try to play stupid? The guy I talked to claimed that he hadn't known about the release of the new ipods since the day of their release at noon
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    They're not playing anything - they *DON'T* know anything prior to the same time the rest of us do. Believe it or don't, as you wish, but prior to Jobs walking out on stage, the only Apple employees with any real knowledge of what he's going to unveil are those who worked on the development, and the folks who helped him rehearse.

Really.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    rhoqrhoq Posts: 190member
    #1 it's free and #2 they are trying to clear out inventory of the older model.