airport extreme gigabit with usb external drive

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone happen to know where you can see a good benchmark of how a usb external drive performs on the new airport extreme gigabit? I would like to know how the airport disk works if you have 1 or 2 or more macs connected to the airport via gigabit.

I know when I had the older version 10/100 it was pretty slow when several macs tried to access data simultaneously. Now with gigabit I wonder if we can use up the entire speed of the usb external drive or at least more then 100Mbps.

Any stats etc.. would be great. I am debating to take me external drive off my mac mini which is shared for all my macs and put it back as a shared disk on teh airport extreme gigabit. Originally I had this setup and found it too slow especially when going through iphoto etc.. but now on the mac mini it works great. The only problem is that every 3 or 4 days the mini has to get rebooted otherwise itunes etc.. starts to run slow when trying to access files over the network. When the mini is rebooted it all runs smooth.