Address Book pairing with a cell phone?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I read over over on the Apple discussion forums that it is almost impossible to use the pairing feature between Address Book and a bluetooth cell phone.

Does anyone know why this is? Is it our U.S. carriers hobbling the phones or is it Apple's implementation?

I would love for it to work. If anyone knows how to do this...other buying an iPhone (I assume it works with the iPhone, right???) please post the answer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    *edited*

try searching macosxhints.com
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Ummm, maybe I'm using the wrong search string but all I got there were useless RSS references.

Anyway, you are supposed to be able to click on a phone number in Address Book and have it dialed on your paired bluetooth phone. I have a bluetooth phone, I can sync contacts with Address Book, but the "Dial with cell phone" command is grayed out when I click on the label in address book.

Any thoughts?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

Ummm, maybe I'm using the wrong search string but all I got there were useless RSS references.

Anyway, you are supposed to be able to click on a phone number in Address Book and have it dialed on your paired bluetooth phone. I have a bluetooth phone, I can sync contacts with Address Book, but the "Dial with cell phone" command is grayed out when I click on the label in address book.

Any thoughts?

try that link I posted.. it works for me anyway
  • Reply 5 of 6
    pevepeve Posts: 518member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

I read over over on the Apple discussion forums that it is almost impossible to use the pairing feature between Address Book and a bluetooth cell phone...

ahh... no.

any compatible phone on the list works like a charm. i never had a problem.

(and even the ones not on the list mostly work)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I must be doing something wrong because my phone is on the list and it will not allow me to initiate calls from Address Book. Every time I try to pair it to the phone it asks for a passkey, and whatever I enter it says pairing is successful, but it won't let me choose dial with cell phone when I click on a number.