Any updates before 30th Sept?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hey,

Any news about stuff that Apple going to update before 30th Sept? Cause there is some hot promotion for students and I was wondering if the MacBookPro is getting any updates before 30th Sept.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Probably not.

If anything, they will update after 9/30 and the end of the promotion.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I think when they update the MacBook Pro they should update the MacBook too, and give them both the exact same look.

Silver, anodized aluminum and glass, with that 'new' style keyboard. That would rock!

They should also offer the 15" model with more basic configurations, and make all of them (including the 13" model) configureable to high heaven. They should also remove the 'Pro' moniker.

+

Then for rev. 2 of this 'new' model they should bring back colors.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    I think they will update the macbooks with the macbook pros....but I doubt they will make them all look the same.

Even in light of the new metallic imac. And signs that they plan on phasing out of the traditional ipod(now calling it ipod classic).....um...

Hey come to think of it...perhaps they will!

I have always felt the macbook pro was going to see a major redesign....since it has pretty much kept the same look for awhile now.

I like the black macbook alot...and plan on getting one for the next update...hopefully by November?

But ya never know. Can only wait and see. :-)
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Paris Expo is September 25th, they have released stuff there before like G5 iMacs.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Paris Expo is September 25th, they have released stuff there before like G5 iMacs.

i didn't want to lose out on a free nano so i ordered my macbook pro yesterday D: the freaking shipping is estimated at 3-4 weeks. which i guess is cool cause if they release something at that paris expo then i could probably just return the thing and get a new one

edit: if this hot promotion you speak of is the nano deal, it ends the 16th not the 30th.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajprice View Post

Yeah, and this time they may shine the light on our little multi-touch friend
  • Reply 7 of 8
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

Even in light of the new metallic imac. And signs that they plan on phasing out of the traditional ipod(now calling it ipod classic).....um...

They seem to be phasing out plastics in general.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    well here in Malaysia, promotion ends 30th Sept