New iMacs: Can't set display profile

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My pain with the new iMacs continues.

Now I can't set a display profile. As soon as I go to the Displays in System Preferences I get the bonking noise. When I select Color I get the bonking noise and everything I click on gives me the boking noise. The generic iMac display perference is not present, and no matter which profile I click on I get the bonking noise and nothing happens.

Any ideas if there is any quick way of getting this working? These machines are really starting to piss me off now...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

My pain with the new iMacs continues.

Now I can't set a display profile. As soon as I go to the Displays in System Preferences I get the bonking noise. When I select Color I get the bonking noise and everything I click on gives me the boking noise. The generic iMac display perference is not present, and no matter which profile I click on I get the bonking noise and nothing happens.

Any ideas if there is any quick way of getting this working? These machines are really starting to piss me off now...

Are you by any chance using Quick User Switching? I ask because I have a similar problem, in that once I have switched users, a different display profile is applied and I can't change it to anything else, and i ge the bonking noise you mention.