MSN up to their old browser targeting crap?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I think I remember something about MSN writing their pages so that non IE browsers (I think Opera was the one I read about) would make the pages look all gobbledy gook. Well, as if that wasn't enough I just had an interesting thing happen to me. I attempted to check my hotmail account using Safari and I got this message.

[quote]We apologize, but your account is temporarily unavailable. This delay does not affect the entire site or relate specifically to your account, but the machine that holds your account information is temporarily unavailable. We do not expect this delay to last much longer, so please continue to check our site for your account status.

We will do our best to make your account available as quickly as possible. We appreciate your support, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. <hr></blockquote>

Just for fun I tried to get in using Netscape. No problem. Just to make sure I tried Safari again and got the same message. Makes me think that maybe Safari has been purposefully targeted. Check it out and see if it happens to you.

I got my hotmail account when I was in 8th grade, long before they were assimilated. I'd dump the damn thing but so many people know where to find me there. I've had the thing for about 7 years now.

Comments