just plugged my phone in and ringtones are now working

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
i just plugged my phone in and i a message popped up that said i can now create most songs into ringtones. A ringtone section in itunes is now added too

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Yeah... I made and bought a ringtone, but when I went to sync it to my iPhone, it said I was not authorized to play it on "this computer" (meaning the iPhone?). So maybe we're still waiting on an iPhone update?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Oh wait... never mind. Tried to play it on the computer first, then it asked me to authorize the computer, which I did. Now the sync goes through. Not a really streamlined activation process, though....
  • Reply 3 of 5
    hmmm, i never got a msg or anything..... no ringtones section.... says i have the current iTunes and iPhone updates....
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Update: I had to go to View Options and check mark the ringtone item to see them. But with all the $500 in music I bought from iTunes I have ZERO that I can use for ringtones.... what a crock!

Also, still don't see them in iTunes store....
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Finally, got one now. Still a hassle. AND theres hardly any that you can make into ringtones, lame selection.