Nothing new at Apple Paris Expo?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

Outside of the faint murmurings of a ultra thin MacBook and a possible Leopard release date, what is there? Let's see — we've got new iPods, new iMacs, and an iPhone price drop. MacBooks were updated in mid-May, MacBook Pros in early June. It appears as though those won't be updated until January. That leaves the Apple TV, the Mac Pro, and Cinema Displays. Is Steve Jobs even keynoting the Paris Expo?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 34
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    the only thing I see at Paris is the European launch of iPhone.

MacPro might come around November or later because that's when Intel is releasing the new chips.

AppleTV could come at Paris, but I think will come alongside the ultraportable at MWSF.

Sure Macbooks and Macbook pro could get a quiet Tuesday update.

That is my predictions for the rest of the year. We'll see.
  • Reply 2 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

the only thing I see at Paris is the European launch of iPhone.

MacPro might come around November or later because that's when Intel is releasing the new chips.

AppleTV could come at Paris, but I think will come alongside the ultraportable at MWSF.

Sure Macbooks and Macbook pro could get a quiet Tuesday update.

That is my predictions for the rest of the year. We'll see.

the mac pro can still get better video cards / more base ram before the new chip set comes out.

xMAC may also come.
  • Reply 3 of 34
    Updates:

Mac Pro - CPU Upgrade

Macbook - Santa Rosa

MacBook Pro - CPU upgrades, memory upgrades

iPhone - Euro launch
  • Reply 4 of 34
    ummm... how about a leopard release date?
  • Reply 5 of 34
    If they release the new iPhone in Paris I hope it's a brand new 16GB - 3G model with A2DP bluetooth transmission that we can acquire here in the states as well.
  • Reply 6 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whoami View Post

MId to Late October.
  • Reply 7 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whoami View Post

so many things happening with Apple, completely forgot that Cat!

are we not seeing leopard in iPhone and iPod touch?
  • Reply 8 of 34
    i'm just sayin... don't you think some people are actually waiting to buy hardware until it includes leopard?

or is jobs gonna do another $100 voucher for all the people buying new hardware in september that are super pissed in october when they have to shell out another $129!

wouldn't this warrant an announcement of the exact date?
  • Reply 9 of 34
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I'd think a launch date for the European iPhone would be announced, along with an updated phone.
  • Reply 10 of 34
    Aluminum & black Macbooks.
  • Reply 11 of 34
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    I think that AppleTV updates are waiting for an updated QuickTime which will come out with Leopard. IF the rumour/slip up at Apple is correct and rentals are coming then Quicktime/FairPlay will need an update to handle the rental experation on the downloaded file and this update is probably waiting on Leopard, though I hope that it is not dependant on Leopard on the Mac side for it to work.
  • Reply 12 of 34
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tinkerer View Post

Aluminum & black Macbooks.

Yeah, now they've made anodised aluminium ipods in black and white with the new ipod classic, I think it would make sense to do this for the Macbooks. No more complaints about discoloration.

I still think they need to merge the two lineups though and just call them all Macbooks and offer every size in black, white or silver. This way people choose the machine by display size (13", 15", 17") and then once you have chosen the size you want, you pick the CPU, graphics, glossy/matte, Ram etc.
  • Reply 13 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Yeah, now they've made anodised aluminium ipods in black and white with the new ipod classic, I think it would make sense to do this for the Macbooks. No more complaints about discoloration.

I still think they need to merge the two lineups though and just call them all Macbooks and offer every size in black, white or silver. This way people choose the machine by display size (13", 15", 17") and then once you have chosen the size you want, you pick the CPU, graphics, glossy/matte, Ram etc.

i purchased a macbook pro online. i still havn't received it though D: . if they release a new macbook pro at the expo would i be able to send it back in exchange for the new one?
  • Reply 14 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i purchased a macbook pro online. i still havn't received it though D: . if they release a new macbook pro at the expo would i be able to send it back in exchange for the new one?

I purchased a new MBP two months ago because the new ones weren't going to be released by the time I went to college. Can I get in on this rebate deal as well?
  • Reply 15 of 34
    My guess for the Paris Expo:

iPhone European launch announcement.

Leopard final release date announcement.

Aluminium and black MacBooks - Very slightly smaller than the current MacBook, and with few other changes except a speed bump and perhaps the addition of a FireWire 800 port if Apple are serious about promoting this standard.

Wishful thinking: An 11" widescreen subnotebook with optical drive (I want one!)

It's pretty likely that the MacBook will get a refresh at the Paris Expo solely because the iPhone and Leopard announcements are of significant importance but have both been comprehensively dealt with/demoed in the past, therefore the related European announcements will be relatively brief by their very nature even if various bosses of mobile phone networks are invited to give speeches. Therefore a revamped MacBook will be something else to fill a bit more time as well as providing something of interest on the Mac hardware side for those all-important press shots.
  • Reply 16 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by potterhead4 View Post

I purchased a new MBP two months ago because the new ones weren't going to be released by the time I went to college. Can I get in on this rebate deal as well?

i doubt after 2 months. the expo is on the 25th, and i won't be getting my macbook pro till around then, so if they gave me the old one, they'd better give me a rebate and get the new one!!!. But i doubt you'd get a replacement.
  • Reply 17 of 34
    When the hell is Apple going to update these displays?
  • Reply 18 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i doubt after 2 months. the expo is on the 25th, and i won't be getting my macbook pro till around then, so if they gave me the old one, they'd better give me a rebate and get the new one!!!. But i doubt you'd get a replacement.

I was uh, joking. I hope you are.
  • Reply 19 of 34
    I'm confused...

If Paris Expo 2007 is on September 25-29, then what is this... "Mum is no longer the word" on September 18th?
  • Reply 20 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by potterhead4 View Post

I was uh, joking. I hope you are.

i'm not joking. if i get the thing and a few days later a new one comes out, i should be able to get the new one in exchange for my old one.