I Think Steve Jobs Has It Out For Me: How can I possibly fix my 1st Gen iPod Nano?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I recently bought a perfectly fine iPod from an upscale pawn shop. I had it for about a month, and that's when things went wrong. My mom was messing with it and accidentally locked it (you know, the combination lock for newer iPods) and didn't know what the code was. So, I plugged it into my computer and decided to restore my iPod to its original factory settings (restore button in iTunes), because, at the time, I didn't know how to unlock it any other way. The restore went fine, or so I thought. After the restore, neither iTunes, nor Windows Explorer would recognize my iPod. I looked through some forums on Apple's site, and found an article on forcing your iPod into disk mode. I did that, and it works that way, but only in disk mode. I don't want to have to put my iPod into disk mode everytime I want to put songs on it. Also, I wanted to put iPodLinux on it, and that wont work when the iPod is in disk mode. Restoring it while its was in disk mode has no effect either. Please help me, I've tried everything I can think of with no luck!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by U60n0 View Post

I recently bought a perfectly fine iPod from an upscale pawn shop. I had it for about a month, and that's when things went wrong. My mom was messing with it and accidentally locked it (you know, the combination lock for newer iPods) and didn't know what the code was. So, I plugged it into my computer and decided to restore my iPod to its original factory settings (restore button in iTunes), because, at the time, I didn't know how to unlock it any other way. The restore went fine, or so I thought. After the restore, neither iTunes, nor Windows Explorer would recognize my iPod. I looked through some forums on Apple's site, and found an article on forcing your iPod into disk mode. I did that, and it works that way, but only in disk mode. I don't want to have to put my iPod into disk mode everytime I want to put songs on it. Also, I wanted to put iPodLinux on it, and that wont work when the iPod is in disk mode. Restoring it while its was in disk mode has no effect either. Please help me, I've tried everything I can think of with no luck!

Hi,

Try working through the 5Rs in order. If you are still having issues post a clear consise description on Apple Discussions there are plenty of real experts there.

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

http://discussions.apple.com/categor...categoryID=154