iPod Classic Click-Wheel

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey everyone, I just wanted to know... is it me, or am I the only one who is so annoyed with apple about the click- wheel?. Did you noticed that now it's not so sensitive to the touch, in fact, now if i put a pair of jeans and put the ipod in my pocket, i can no longer control de volume. I hate this.... I've always turned it up and down, but now I can't.

I put mi ipod into the old protection the ipod video came with, and the same, I could'nt control the volume by touching it... instead.. i had to take it out and then change the volume.

So my question is.... does this happen with everything... i mean.. what about the 3rd party protectors, does the click wheel work with them??

see ya

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    It works via touch capacitance, so using it through materials that don't pass a charge is unlikely.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    yeah... i know that... but what im saying is that.. with my previous iPod Video.. that didn't happen, I'm using the same protection, and on the iPod Video it worked, and now in the classic it didn't, I just wanted to know if anyone has the same issue or is it only me.

And what I'm saying, is that, if the case is that it doesn't work anymore.. so... a lot of iPod protectors won't work with the new click-wheel

joacoo
  • Reply 3 of 7
    My iPod protector lets me control the volume through it, as does the material on my pockets.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    really?? is that the ipod classic you are talking???

so.... what should I do..? should I go to apple??
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juacapo View Post

really?? is that the ipod classic you are talking???

Yes, 5G 30GB classic.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    yea that was something i always did. but the click wheels are being made by a different company than the ones from the 5G. so thats probably why.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Shady is correct; Apple switched to Synaptics for the sensor. Let's hope they fix it soon.