3G iPhone vs iTouch??

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So with the announcement of the iTouch, the 3G iPhone follows. My Verizon contract is up in November and I don't have an iPod right now being mine took a dive in a pool. How is everyone feeling about the new iPhone? Is it going to have the same fuctions as the iTouch now? Will it be worth the 2 month wait? I was going to order an iTouch today, but saw that the 3G phone news and had second thoughts.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    what is an itouch?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Do you need a device that combines a phone with a music player? Or do you mind having/carrying two devices?

I would just buy a iPod Touch. Forgot the phone. AT&T sucks!

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

Do you need a device that combines a phone with a music player? Or do you mind having/carrying two devices?

I would just buy a iPod Touch. Forgot the phone. AT&T sucks!

Dave

Well if I can have one that plays music and makes calls that would be better then carrying two. I thought you were able to use te 3G phone on the verizon network. Maybe I read the news wrong, it was on the main page of AI. I could of just assumed that because it was 3G you were able to, idk. I refuse to goto ATT, if I can't use it on Verizon, I'm not using it. I'll just get the updated LGvx9800 and I'll order an iPod Touch. I was hoping to have both with one device, but I will carry two if need be.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I'm afraid that you would be stick with AT&T as Verizon is a CDMA/EV-DO network while a 3G iPhone would be a GSM/UMTS device.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Electric Monk View Post

I'm afraid that you would be stick with AT&T as Verizon is a CDMA/EV-DO network while a 3G iPhone would be a GSM/UMTS device.

Well, it looks like I'll order the updated 9800 then and get the iPod Touch. It's not the end of the world. It would of been nice to have one, but I can deal with two devices.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

Well, it looks like I'll order the updated 9800 then and get the iPod Touch. It's not the end of the world. It would of been nice to have one, but I can deal with two devices.

Good move. I am doing the same thing. For different reasons. I travel ALOT...and like the flexibility of my virgin mobile pay as you go system. I am not going to angst about WHEN Apple will offer a pay as you go plan...so I too will keep my virgin phone and buy the 8gig ipod touch. I like surfing the web and checking emails when travelling around the world. Overseas, like in Taiwan etc...wifi is EVERYWHERE. With the itouch in my pocket, I won't have to bring my laptop out with me wherever I go. Which for me is cool.

Someday down the road, I'll do the "all in one system" but not at the moment. I can wait.

In the meantime,

Have fun.