trying to piggy back airport extreme...?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i got AT&T U-verse internet today and it came with a modem/router with the installation

the thing is id love to connect my airport extreme to my mac computers because theyre all running on a/b/g/n....how would i go about doing this??

i see 4 lan connections on the back and a BROADBAND connection as well...would i just drop this broadband connection to my airport extreme router and be good?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

i got AT&T U-verse internet today and it came with a modem/router with the installation

the thing is id love to connect my airport extreme to my mac computers because theyre all running on a/b/g/n....how would i go about doing this??

i see 4 lan connections on the back and a BROADBAND connection as well...would i just drop this broadband connection to my airport extreme router and be good?

Although I'm not running AT&T, my cable internet went: cable, to cable modem, cable modem out to Broadband on airport extreme, just a dash of vermouth and voila: instant online. I had to play with the settings on the extreme to get the best fit (2.4 vs. 5, a&n, b&n, n only, etc.), but not much to that. Set it on one, and if there's any interference, try another one.