eMac and USB Wireless Adapter

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I recently got an eMac that someone else was going to dump. I don't use it much but it's pretty sweet. I bought a wireless-G USB network adapter for the Mac and got it to connect to my access point. Here's the problem: each time I turn on the Mac I have to unplug the USB wireless adapter from the USB port on the Mac and plug it back in. After that it sees the access point again and things are fine. When I restart the Mac and have do to the same thing again. Is there anyting I can do about this so I don't have to unplug and plug back the wireless NIC each time I turn on the Mac? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eberrocal View Post

each time I turn on the Mac I have to unplug the USB wireless adapter from the USB port on the Mac and plug it back in. After that it sees the access point again and things are fine. When I restart the Mac and have do to the same thing again. Is there anyting I can do about this so I don't have to unplug and plug back the wireless NIC each time I turn on the Mac?

I don't think so. I had a belkin wireless G USB adaptor once and I had to get some open source drivers and it did this. It would cause a kernel panic sometimes too.

It was also much slower using file sharing than airport. Personally, I don't like wireless and if possible, I'd say just hook the computer direct to the modem/router.

The only thing would be to check your USB adaptor product code in google to see if there's a driver update but Mac drivers tend to be harder to find and aren't great quality.