Ipod Touch Screen Protectors

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was hoping to order a screen protector before I got my Touch so that i wouldn't even have the time to scratch it, so I did a bit of research on the subject. I'm looking for something that will not affect the touchscreen response or the video visibility. I know a lot of people like the ShieldZone's InvisibleShield but aparently it affects both the screen sensor and visibility so that's out. The one I liked best is the Crystal Film from Power Support. After reading MANY reviews about it on the iPhone I decided on it and headed to the website only to find that they don't make one for the Ipod Touch. So here's what i need/want from you guys: Any information about whether they'll be making one or any opinions on the subject. If you've got a better solution let me know!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    no one has anything to say on the subject??? I just need a suggestion. So many of you have the Touch already, some of you must care about scratching it.....what are you using??
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Assuming the touch has a glass screen like my iPhone...

Why bother with a protector ??? A glass screen is MUCH harder to scratch than plastic. I've had myphone for 2 months now and there's not a scratch on it... so I fail to see a need for one.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    umijinumijin Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Assuming the touch has a glass screen like my iPhone...

Why bother with a protector ??? A glass screen is MUCH harder to scratch than plastic. I've had myphone for 2 months now and there's not a scratch on it... so I fail to see a need for one.

Smudges...

Hard to get off the glass where they stand out. Maybe stand out less on the protector. Had mine a few hours and see this. And I wash my hands frequently.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    f1turbof1turbo Posts: 257member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by umijin View Post

Smudges...

Hard to get off the glass where they stand out. Maybe stand out less on the protector. Had mine a few hours and see this. And I wash my hands frequently.

I would think glass would be easier to clean than a plastic screen protector, from my experience with screen protectors on Treos.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    steste Posts: 119member
    The cloth that comes with the iPhone (and presumably the Touch) is crap. Get a decent lens cloth from your local optician or camera store.

I agree with KingOfSomewhereHot: a screen protector is not really necessary. There is not a mark on my iPhone after a month of living in my pocket.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    same here, mine lives in my pocket with my keys, no scratches at all on the glass. it is encased in a seidio iph protector (1mm thick (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=834). but no screen protection at all. Its flawless.

and if i have a smudge, a quick whipe on my jeans clears it off. screen protector? fooey! optical wipes? fooey!

iTouch should be the same. Its a nice glass screen.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    yeah, I really think that a protetor would just take away from the aesthetics from the ipod.. you should be fine without one, and if you don't feel confident, just take a look at some scratch tests on youtube and you will see that the screen is it's own protector
  • Reply 8 of 9
    If they are so self protectant can anyone explain to me how I just recieved a gouge in the screen and marks in another corner that looks like it was repeatedly scratched at when its been in my pocket with nothing but a piece of paper all day? \

Screen protector would be pretty pointless at this point i suppose.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoHBoY View Post

If they are so self protectant can anyone explain to me how I just recieved a gouge in the screen and marks in another corner that looks like it was repeatedly scratched at when its been in my pocket with nothing but a piece of paper all day? \

Screen protector would be pretty pointless at this point i suppose.

must be that roll of quarters....

I had my first gen in my pocket with my keys since the day the iPhone was released and sold it on eBay last week. No visible scratches. That's much more than a year of hard abuse.

The new 3G i have had for a week, well, lets just say the build quality is not as good and the back plastic is already scratched to hell. Screen is fine.