Alright Apple, you've got 3 days...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
...to release a 16GB iPhone.

You have no reason to not release a 16GB iPhone on the 25th. It makes perfect sense that you were waiting until the release of the 1.1.1 software so that you wouldn't have to ship out 16GB phones with 1.0.2.

You need a $499 product in your lineup as you go into the holiday season. You can't make people choose between "Low price, low capacity" and "low price, low capacity". There are people that want the higher capacity, and are willing to pay.

Just give us the damn 16GB phone on September 25th.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I'll get on it right away.

\
  • Reply 2 of 7
    They got until 27th of Nov really... Black Friday - Biggest shopping day in the US and kickoff to the rest of the buying season. But I agree, they would be crazy to only have 1 model for Mid Nov on..

My guess is it's annouced with Leopard and some new features and upgrades that may or may not involve Leopard.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    1. They have no high end expensive model going into their holiday season.

2. The iPod Touch original ship date was September 28th.. with a 16GB option.

3. They haven't released iPhone update 1.1.1 yet, because they probably installed 1.1.1 on all the 16GB iPhones, so they can't ship them until the update is released.

4. They have the ability to make it 16GB and they know that people want it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Good point on the 28th ship date.. that does hold some weight. And pre-shipping the iTouch means they secure those sales rather than people trade up orders to 16GB phone.. that makes sense to me..

Not going to hold my breath on that day though.. Plus it's a Friday.. not a day they would just up and announce shipping of a never talked about product IMO
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BonesSK View Post

Good point on the 28th ship date.. that does hold some weight. And pre-shipping the iTouch means they secure those sales rather than people trade up orders to 16GB phone.. that makes sense to me..

Not going to hold my breath on that day though.. Plus it's a Friday.. not a day they would just up and announce shipping of a never talked about product IMO

But the 25th is the first day of the Paris Expo, and that's a Tuesday.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Its not going to happen, where are you getting this from? "youve got x days?"

Thats rubbish. Its like how you all were so sure everything would be solved by way of firemware updates but in reality you now know that it wont.

If Apple were going to do that they would have done it by now but they arnt stupi enouygh to release a new version for the US in the same year lol

You guys crack me up.

2008 maybe.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Its not going to happen, where are you getting this from? "youve got x days?"

Thats rubbish. Its like how you all were so sure everything would be solved by way of firemware updates but in reality you now know that it wont.

If Apple were going to do that they would have done it by now but they arnt stupi enouygh to release a new version for the US in the same year lol

You guys crack me up.

2008 maybe.

You have an iPhone don't you?

There's a very good chance that Apple will announce (without too much fanfare), the high end 16GB model for the holiday season. They left the $499 spot empty after September 5th.