How do I move a VMWare Virtual Machine Drive?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just switched from Parallels 3.0 to VMWare Fusion. I like VMWare much more but with Parallels when I created a Virtual Machine I could choose a location. It would default to a location but in this case when I created a Windows XP machine it automatically put it in my Documents folder. I don't like this because nightly I have Chronosync sync my Documents folder to a Base Station drive. That would add a lot of data nightly. I have gone through settings but have found no way of moving my virtual drive. I know I can physically but then VMWare won't find it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Just try moving it to the target folder and opening it via the File>Open menu item. If it doesn't show up in the list after that, just move it back to the default location.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    You can put VMWare images anywhere you like. I've created a folder in my home directory for VMWare images. When I create a new image I choose to save it to this folder.

Moving existing images to a new folder also works fine. Just double-click on them and they'll get added back to your Virtual Machine library.