Safari 3 Beta won't install

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have an iMac Intel. For some reason my Safari copy disappeared (you know, with the questionmark in the dock). I tried to download the new Safari 3 Beta, but when I attempted to install it I was confronted with the message "You cannot install Safari 3 Beta on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update". I had it installed before it disappeared. Any idea what happened or what I should do? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flagstaff434 View Post

I have an iMac Intel. For some reason my Safari copy disappeared (you know, with the questionmark in the dock). I tried to download the new Safari 3 Beta, but when I attempted to install it I was confronted with the message "You cannot install Safari 3 Beta on this volume. This volume does not meet the requirements for this update". I had it installed before it disappeared. Any idea what happened or what I should do? Thanks

One of the requirements for the Safari 3 Beta is that you have Safari 2 installed. Either reinstall from your disc or drag-&-drop from a similarly-aged Intel Mac.