New iMacs or leopard?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
-----

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ------- does not count as original content. Blegh.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Neither! \
  • Reply 3 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    What kind of a choice is this?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Yeah... for one, the iMacs have already been released.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    This guy wants to know if he should buy his new iMac before Leopard ships, I say why not, I am.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

This guy wants to know if he should buy his new iMac before Leopard ships, I say why not, I am.

You must be reading his mind because that's not what his original post indicated.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Royboy View Post

You must be reading his mind because that's not what his original post indicated.

You know how they say great minds think alike? It's the same for stupid people.

If indeed this is the question, both options have advantages. Buying the iMac now means you get your iMac now. Buying after Leopard means you get Leopard free.

However, if you buy Leopard you get one that works on any Mac but the one you get with the machine only works with your machine model so there's an advantage to buying the retail version.

Also buying later means you skip a possibly buggy first release. But this also means you have to do a migration in a couple of months.

Personally I'd buy now.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin

Also buying later means you skip a possibly buggy first release.

This was the deciding factor for me.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

You know how they say great minds think alike? It's the same for stupid people.

If indeed this is the question, both options have advantages. Buying the iMac now means you get your iMac now. Buying after Leopard means you get Leopard free.

However, if you buy Leopard you get one that works on any Mac but the one you get with the machine only works with your machine model so there's an advantage to buying the retail version.

Also buying later means you skip a possibly buggy first release. But this also means you have to do a migration in a couple of months.

Personally I'd buy now.

Now that's an advantage most people don't consider. Good point!