iPhone caller id photo

Posted:
in iPhone edited February 2015
Sometimes the caller id shows a picture of the person as a full screen and others show up with my wallpaper and the photo very small in the upper right hand corner. Does anyone know how to set this?

Thanks

Gavin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I'm pretty sure that if you loaded a photo on or took a picture with the camera, you get the full screen pic, and if it imported the small pic from your address book when you synced, you get the icon in the corner. The address book icons are small resolution, and won't stretch to iPhone wallpaper size.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    The one photo that does go full screen is an imported photo that was cut down. It came directly from address book so I am still baffled!

Gavin
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I figured it out. In contacts, choose a contact, hit edit, tap the photo, tap choose existing photo, tap set photo. Now when you call someone or they call you the picture comes up large instead of your wallpaper.

Thanks

Gavin
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by missingbite View Post

I figured it out. In contacts, choose a contact, hit edit, tap the photo, tap choose existing photo, tap set photo. Now when you call someone or they call you the picture comes up large instead of your wallpaper.

Thanks

Gavin

All of my pictures when someone calls take up the entire iphone screen and hide the wallpaper, i want the wallpaper with the small picture of the caller in the top right like they show on the commercials, how do I get that? thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kyaustin View Post

All of my pictures when someone calls take up the entire iphone screen and hide the wallpaper, i want the wallpaper with the small picture of the caller in the top right like they show on the commercials, how do I get that? thanks.

See if you want to see the pic a small one, you need to modify your address book in Outlook or some other s/w that has this address book synched in your PC. I use outlook to add pics to the names and so they appear small at the corner of the mobile. If you add photo via iphone it will occupy the full screen
  • Reply 6 of 9
    linighlinigh Posts: 1member

Gavin, I couldn't get this to work.  I want to make the picture of the person calling me take up the whole screen.  I touched "contacts", hit "edit", tapped the photo, & my options that came up were "take photo, choose photo, edit photo, delete photo".  When I clicked on "choose", my photos app opens up listing the camera roll & photo library.  So I'm still not there...any ideas??  Thanks

• Reply 7 of 9

I also want to know how to set

• Reply 8 of 9

If you have an existing photo you want to take up the whole screen, click on edit instead of choose, edit the photo, (I didn't have to do anything but touch the photo and move it slightly) then it will set it up.

• Reply 9 of 9

this didn't work for me after I hit edit them tap on the photo I get, take photo, choose photo, edit photo, delete photo. I choose the photo and it shows on the contact in the small round circle but when the person calls it just shows the name of the person and not the picture.