Mac Pro with 3x30" or 3x23" Cinema screens ??

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello,

When the new mac os X comes out i'm planning to buy a new supermachine Mac Pro, basicly doing some day to day work things but i need power because i'm a pilot and wan't to do MS FSX on bootcamp.

I also play X-plane but multi screen is only possible with a mac for each screen and that sucks.

Now is my question, what would you choose when money was not an issue:

Mac Pro 8core with:

3 times 30 inch screen, i find this a little over the top, isn't that all TO BIG ?? is:

3 times 23 inch screen a better choice ? or do you find

1 time a 30 inch center screen and 2 times a 23 screen next to it the best combination ?

I will ofcorse take the most powerfull video cart availble and hope that they put a 768mb ram video card as an option soon!!!!

I simply wan't to have a view like this:

(this is with the matrox triplehead)

and i don't mind spending some extra 1000's $$ for having it on a mac system and not on some lame PC shit were i can't run OSX!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    matrox triplehead takes one out put and makes go to 3 screens you can get a dual head card + 1 other video card as well.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Please specifiy what exactly you want to do with x-plane.

• A seperate view on each screen

• The same view on each screen (streched)

• One control view on one screen and two external views on the other

• What resolution do you want to run on each screen.

• One screen with the EFISApp running and the other two with x-plane

One day i hope to buy two tripple heads and then play x-plane on 6 23'' screens from one computer. Currently, networking 3 computers together is a better choice though, especially because you only need one good computer and the rest can be cheaper.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

matrox triplehead takes one out put and makes go to 3 screens you can get a dual head card + 1 other video card as well.

I know, but that was not the point here, i just used that to show you on the screens what i wanted :-)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

Please specifiy what exactly you want to do with x-plane.

• A seperate view on each screen

• The same view on each screen (streched)

• One control view on one screen and two external views on the other

• What resolution do you want to run on each screen.

• One screen with the EFISApp running and the other two with x-plane

One day i hope to buy two tripple heads and then play x-plane on 6 23'' screens from one computer. Currently, networking 3 computers together is a better choice though, especially because you only need one good computer and the rest can be cheaper.

Hello, thanks for your reply:

I want a stretched view like the picture above and then somethimes one control view on one screen and two external views on the other...

the resolution is not that important after all, 20, 23 or 30 gives already BIG resolutions :-)

EFISApp is nice, very nice, in real i do fly for training a Piper warrior with avidyne glass cockpit.

So what do you propose ? To do X-plane with all different computers hooked on eachother ? Isn't that a huge waste of resources ?