3rd Party Apps are back: Downgrade to 1.0.2

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Check it out here: 3rd party iPhone apps are back: 1.1.1 firmware to 1.0.2 downgrade instructions

"Doing this will allow you to install third party apps. Unfortunately, it will not restore the modem firmware, so you will be unable to unlock your phone for use on other networks. But fear not, hackers are working around the clock to figure out the next iPhone hack, unlock, downgrade, etc."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fdmendez View Post

Check it out here: 3rd party iPhone apps are back: 1.1.1 firmware to 1.0.2 downgrade instructions

"Doing this will allow you to install third party apps. Unfortunately, it will not restore the modem firmware, so you will be unable to unlock your phone for use on other networks. But fear not, hackers are working around the clock to figure out the next iPhone hack, unlock, downgrade, etc."

DON'T TECHIES HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THEN CIRCUMVENT LAWS??:
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Apparently not. And it's like its Apple's fault that people bought hacker software. Everyone was warned that the latest update wouldn't work with hacker software and people updated anyway. It's also supposed to be Apple's fault that people can't read.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    "DON'T TECHIES HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THEN CIRCUMVENT LAWS??:"

This is probably pointless, as you have 3 posts and speak in all caps, but uploading firmware to a device YOU OWN in no way breaks a single fucking law. It. Is. Your. Device.

We can debate the interesting nuances of ownership, responsibility and liability, but until you take your head out of your ass and learn your rights we can't even get to the starting line.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fdmendez View Post

Hi...just wanted to knpow from you if this works well with the phones that can be used for other SIM also...I mean i bought the i-phone in india and it worked well with the 1.0.2 version on other GSM provider SIM. But after the upgrade to 1.1.1 it is locked and is asking for a valid unlocked AT&T sim.

So please i need help on this...I had bought the phone for $1000 here and in just 12 hours it all got messed up due to the upgrade...Please I need help on this...Thanks in advance...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    sit tight and wait for iphone dev team to come up with a solution.

Don't panic. Use your old phone for a few days.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    nvm..
  • Reply 7 of 7
    beleybeley Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rodneyA2 View Post

DON'T TECHIES HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THEN CIRCUMVENT LAWS??:

Unlocking your cell phone is LEGAL. You own the device, period.

Apple has no obligation to support it once you've done that -- it's their right to void your warranty. However, you can reverse engineer the heck out of it in order to unlock it. Have fun.

I'm personally a happy AT&T customer but I sure would like to install Installer.app AND 1.1.1 so I'm hoping the hackers keep working hard.