Student Leopard Pricing

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anyone heard if Apple will be offering student Leopard prices? I know that they offer Tiger student prices, but what was the precedent when they rolled Tiger out a few years ago? Was there a student price right off the bat and was it $69.00?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Every release version of MacOS X has been available to university students, faculty, and staff and to the parents of high school children for $69.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    However, education pricing for things like iLife and iWork have gone up, which makes me a little fearful for leopard pricing.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Just a heads up but if I'm not mistaken don't some of the larger Mac based Univ / Colleges also proved 'campus wide site licenses' for either free or at even a lesser cost than $69.99?? I though I remember people writing about that when 10.4 was rolled out and how some people were mad because they forked up the cash themselves without realizing...

Either way it might not hurt to ask around at you campus store and/or IT gurus...

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    There will be a 10% discount at Apple.com for education customers.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Regardless of Apple's EDU pricing, most Universities have software pricing MUCH lower than Apple's pricing. For instance, my university offers iWork and iLife at $40 each.

Hardware is almost always about the same.