i wish ipods had this

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i wish the new ipods had wirless sync, not with other people, they can go to heck, but like i wish that i could leave my ipod on the treadmill and then update my playlist and have it go onto the ipods, if ipods have this, i would so go and buy the new one, it would be a nice feature, but i aint complaining, i got all of the last models, all they need is that, and bam, i want em all

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    The problem with this is power. Even the new Zunes which have this don't start syncing over WiFi until you plug them in to power. From what is going around on the rumor mill it sounds like WiMAX Mobile might be low enough power that this would be practical. Note that that would require a subscription, as WiMAX transmitters are powerful enough to require FCC licensing.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ah , i see well i mean i really want the touch cause i just do, but i guess i will wait for another year or so to see if those geniouses at apple to solve this, thanks for the reply
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I wish ipods had top-notch-recording capabilities for hobby-musicians in the same quality-league or better as Sony's hi-minidisc-recorders.

Nightcrawler
  • Reply 4 of 9
    nevenneven Posts: 54member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

The problem with this is power. Even the new Zunes which have this don't start syncing over WiFi until you plug them in to power.

To be fair, only automatic WiFi Sync requires that the Zune be plugged in to power. You can still start it manually even if you're unplugged.

In many cases, I'd take the tradeoff between battery life and convenience of syncing. If all that will get synced to my iPhone is the latest few podcasts and smaller data (iCal, Contacts), I can live with the minor power use that will require.

Of course, if people kept doing it and never docked their iPhones, we'd see some real bitching about iPhone's battery life in a few months
  • Reply 5 of 9
    yah, i mean if people were not so stupid apple could so this, soon we would have apple so sued for the crap battery life, but man it would be nice to access itunes from your ipod.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Class action lawsuit: My iPhone is not curing my cancer or beaming me up to the Holodeck.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

The problem with this is power. Even the new Zunes which have this don't start syncing over WiFi until you plug them in to power. From what is going around on the rumor mill it sounds like WiMAX Mobile might be low enough power that this would be practical. Note that that would require a subscription, as WiMAX transmitters are powerful enough to require FCC licensing.

I don't think you could set up a WiMAX network between you PC and iPod as it's not meant to replace WIFI (802.11a/b/g/n). It's meant to replace EDGE and 3G or give a wireless alternative to DSL and cable modem. The way I see it you could have a WiMAX receiver, and then hook its LAN port to the WAN in your ordinary 802.11 router to share and create a local network.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I would absolutely love for the iPod to have an AM/FM radio. Heck, even just FM would do great. I always wondered why they didn't have this.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    nevenneven Posts: 54member
    Because Steve has probably not listened to a radio station since 1983? Because there's no way for them to integrate radio into Apple's digital lifestyle picture? Because there are podcasts? I don't know, take your pick.