Mac MINI with 23" ACD?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey,

I am a newbie here and I am planning to buy a Mac. But I got a confusing stuff here. Is it possible to use 23? ACD with Mac MINI to build a work station? I mean the if Mac MINI is good enough to power the ACD properly and make the display as good as it attaches with Mac Pro? If the set of Mac MINI with ACD is ok, I will buy them after the new ACD released. I do not like iMac at this point especially the TN screen panel.

BTW,any idea of the release of new ACD? I hope it can come with leopard this month.

Thanks for any suggestion!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I'd say it's possible since the Mac Mini is capable of displaying up to a resolution of 1920 x 1200, which is also the native resolution of the 23" ACD.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bonkiebonks View Post

I'd say it's possible since the Mac Mini is capable of displaying up to a resolution of 1920 x 1200, which is also the native resolution of the 23" ACD.

Thanks for advise. But what about the performance or effect?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    it'll powerthe ACD just fine.

any "problems" would be related to doing video-card intense tasks (games?) using the 950 integrted graphic engine.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    OK, I am not a crazy VIDEO game player. So mac mini+23" ACD will be a pretty good solution. Hope apple will release new ACD with Leopard this month and I can have them.