cover flow

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I wonder when apple will bring their CoverFlow feature which is found on the new iPods and iPhone to the iTunes. I seriously dont get the point of flipping through album arts in full screen and you wont even get to click on it to see what song is available

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

I wonder when apple will bring their CoverFlow feature which is found on the new iPods and iPhone to the iTunes. I seriously dont get the point of flipping through album arts in full screen and you wont even get to click on it to see what song is available

Uhhhh........ you mean you want Coverflow in iTunes to let you click on the album art and have the cover flip over and show you a list of songs, instead of the iTunes pane right underneath that does the same thing, with much more room for detail?

Tell me that's not what you mean, I beg of you.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    wheelhotwheelhot Posts: 465member
    no, I mean that when we maximise the cover flow feature on iTunes, you cant check what songs is in the album. I use the pane underneath the cover flow, but when I maximise the cover flow, I cant choose the song from the album anymore.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Perhaps they will have something similar in the new Front Row in Leopard.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

no, I mean that when we maximise the cover flow feature on iTunes, you cant check what songs is in the album. I use the pane underneath the cover flow, but when I maximise the cover flow, I cant choose the song from the album anymore.

Aha, of course, that makes perfect sense. You're right, it seems like a no brainer to add an animated flip, which I imagine Core Image could handle easily.

Hope to see it in Leopard, maybe in a point release, or maybe it's one of those "top secret features" SJ spoke of.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    wheelhotwheelhot Posts: 465member
    I seriously think that this feature will be easily covered by MacOSX cause it has all those funky animations which sometime is unnecessary, but problem is Im using windows right now and erm.....let say they are not designed for animated softwares, consume too much of my memory.