.Mac Syncing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey Everyone,

Hope your all doing well, have contacted Apple about the following problem but after a week and not one reply from them I'd thought I'd put it to you. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Problem:

Recently joined .Mac and have been trying to get the sync function to work with my Power PC iMac running 10.4.10.

The problem comes when I go into System Preferences, enter my user and password (which is accepted and validated) and then click on the sync tab; I get the error message " The .Mac Legacy Client exited abnormally' and consequently I can't sync anything to .Mac.

Have been trying to correct the situation myself via google, searching other forums as well as this one and using Apple Support but nothing is fixing my problem.

Heres the log from Console:

2007-10-06 13:04:43.377 System Preferences[2242] SFIDiskMirrorCopyPair returned NULL.

2007-10-06 13:04:49.878 System Preferences[2242] Failed to register NSConnection

2007-10-06 13:04:51.157 dotMacTranslator[2247] [DML Notifications main.m(650)] ReplicantSession:newSession failed NSError "Unable to access your .Mac user name or password. Please verify your .Mac member name and password in the .Mac preferences in System Preferences." Domain=DotMacProxyErrorDomain Code=-103 UserInfo={

NSLocalizedDescription = "Unable to access your .Mac user name or password. Please verify your .Mac member name and password in the .Mac preferences in System Preferences.";

}

2007-10-06 13:04:51.172 dotMacPrefTool[2246] [DotMacSessionProxy registerDotMacSyncClient:] failed with error: NSError ".Mac legacy client exited abnormally." Domain=DotMacProxyErrorDomain Code=-99 UserInfo={

DotMacUnwindErrorKey = (

NSError ".Mac legacy client exited abnormally." Domain=internalReplicantErrorDomain Code=1 UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription = ".Mac legacy client exited abnormally."; }

);

NSLocalizedDescription = ".Mac legacy client exited abnormally.";

}

Any Ideas?

Thanks Everyone

x