Something is messed up.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
K so today i found the cause of why my mouse went haywire. It wasn't because of the driver i don't think. Today my mom went on the phone and called someone and my internet connection was lost and then the mouse and track pad got messed up again. I disabled the airport on the computer and everything was back to normal. The internet connection dropping had happened before i got the mac and i assume it's because the wireless signal gets interupted by the wireless signal in the cordless phone. But how would this affect the mouse? The memory was normal and the cpu was running normally as well. What would cause the mouse to react like that? The glitchyness of the mouse only happens when the internet is trying to connect, once it is connected it stops.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    Not sure why a corded mouse would be affected, but if it's a 2.4 GHz cordless phone it's entrirely understandable why it would interfere with your wireless. B, G and N use 2.4 GHz.

Can't think of any way a messed up wireless signal would mess up a mouse though... Some weird OSX bug?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smax View Post

Not sure why a corded mouse would be affected, but if it's a 2.4 GHz cordless phone it's entrirely understandable why it would interfere with your wireless. B, G and N use 2.4 GHz.

Can't think of any way a messed up wireless signal would mess up a mouse though... Some weird OSX bug?

no idea haha. the computer seemed to work fine and the ram and cpu were not affected by the glitchyness. The mouse and the trackpad however were going mad insane.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    2.4ghz is the frequency of the Devil !!! Seriously, so many bloody things shoving at each other in and around that spectrum.