Ipod touch bricked too?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm wanting an ipod touch, but I'm curious if people think it'll go down the same road as the iphone if I hack it, will it get bricked too? \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iwonttell View Post

I'm wanting an ipod touch, but I'm curious if people think it'll go down the same road as the iphone if I hack it, will it get bricked too? \

My guess would be anytime you modify the firmware there is a chance that a future update might go squirrelly. I have a touch now...I am taking the wait and see approach....for a couple of reasons.

one to see if apple releases an update fixing the calendar app and maybe adding some new apps.

two....to see how the jailbreak evolves, I find the hack pretty intimidating and so I would want it to be a more polished 1click operation.

Finally I would need to see some really amazing apps being made that I could'nt live without.

having said all of that...in my opinion the touch is not yet a mature product, it works well but still has many issues....it will probably be 3 or 4 updates down the road before it is completely stable. It's at that point I would consider a hack and probably just ignore future updates.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    The 'hack' on the iPod touch won't brick the device - all it's doing it opening up read/write access to the file system. The original firmware can always be restored easily.