Need to use new Garageband on Powerbook from my iMac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok, I have the family iLife 08, but it's not installed on my Powerbook yet. I really need to use Garageband on my Powerbook late tonight and tomorrow morning, but the iLife box is at my other home.

I have my iMac here, which I did get garageband installed on. I tried just dragging the new garageband over to the Powerbook, replacing the 06 version, but it does not open. Any ideas?

Is there anyway to patch this up to work, until I can get the box and install disk again? Thanks so much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Use Pacifist to extract the Garage Band package from the install DVDs that came with the iMac. If I remember correctly, the iLife apps should be on the second install DVD.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

Use Pacifist to extract the Garage Band package from the install DVDs that came with the iMac. If I remember correctly, the iLife apps should be on the second install DVD.

Thanks. That is a cool tool. with the 08 versions there are some extra files you have to copy too, and the pacifist made that easy to do. Now I got everything running, without having to drive a couple hours roundtrip. Thanks!!!