.mac site- Safari won't remeber password

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I need to check a .mac group site for school and there is a password to enter it. I use safari for this site as opposed to my much-loved FF because it has many many .PDFs on it, which FF on a mac seems to have trouble with. I have Safari set to remember both 'passwords' and 'other form information', yet as hard as I try, I cannot get Safari to store the password. If possible I would like auto-login like most password-protected sites will offer you. Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Make a new bookmark in your bookmark bar in Safari and paste this into it:

Code:

javascriptfunction(){var ca,cea,cs,df,dfe,i,j,x,y;function n(i,what){return i+%22 %22+what+((i==1)?%22%22:%22s%22)}ca=cea=cs=0;df=do cument.forms;for(i=0;i<df.length;++i){x=df[i];dfe=x.elements;if(x.onsubmit){x.onsubmit=%22%22;+ +cs;}if(x.attributes[%22autocomplete%22]){x.attributes[%22autocomplete%22].value=%22on%22;++ca;}for(j=0;j<dfe.length;++j){y= dfe[j];if(y.attributes[%22autocomplete%22]){y.attributes[%22autocomplete%22].value=%22on%22;++cea;}}}alert(%22Removed autocomplete=off from %22+n(ca,%22form%22)+%22 and from %22+n(cea,%22form element%22)+%22, and removed onsubmit from %22+n(cs,%22form%22)+%22. After you type your password and submit the form, the browser will offer to remember your password.%22)})();

Go to the site and before you enter the password, click on this bookmarklet. After you type in your username and password, it should prompt you to remember it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

Make a new bookmark in your bookmark bar in Safari and paste this into it:

Code:

javascriptfunction(){var ca,cea,cs,df,dfe,i,j,x,y;function n(i,what){return i+%22 %22+what+((i==1)?%22%22:%22s%22)}ca=cea=cs=0;df=do cument.forms;for(i=0;i<df.length;++i){x=df[i];dfe=x.elements;if(x.onsubmit){x.onsubmit=%22%22;+ +cs;}if(x.attributes[%22autocomplete%22]){x.attributes[%22autocomplete%22].value=%22on%22;++ca;}for(j=0;j<dfe.length;++j){y= dfe[j];if(y.attributes[%22autocomplete%22]){y.attributes[%22autocomplete%22].value=%22on%22;++cea;}}}alert(%22Removed autocomplete=off from %22+n(ca,%22form%22)+%22 and from %22+n(cea,%22form element%22)+%22, and removed onsubmit from %22+n(cs,%22form%22)+%22. After you type your password and submit the form, the browser will offer to remember your password.%22)})();

Go to the site and before you enter the password, click on this bookmarklet. After you type in your username and password, it should prompt you to remember it.

That didn't work. I think it won't remember the password because it is not a username and password, just a password. Here is the site if you want to check out the format.

http://homepage.mac.com/tforsgren/apeuro/homepage.htm