iLife 08 and Leopard question

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I seem to remember reading that iLife 08 will not be packaged with leopard. is that the case or is my memory deceiving me?

or is it something like, all new macs will have iLife 08 and leopard packaged with them, but the leopard standalone update doesn't include iLife 08?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

I seem to remember reading that iLife 08 will not be packaged with leopard. is that the case or is my memory deceiving me?

or is it something like, all new macs will have iLife 08 and leopard packaged with them, but the leopard standalone update doesn't include iLife 08?

iLife and Leopard are two separate packages, but all new Macs will have them both pre-installed.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mm.. alright. thanks for the help. if i have ilife 06, do you think its worth upgrading to 08? i heard that iphoto is simply amazing, but imovie sucks compared to 06. i found imovie 06 easy to use, is it that much of a change?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

mm.. alright. thanks for the help. if i have ilife 06, do you think its worth upgrading to 08? i heard that iphoto is simply amazing, but imovie sucks compared to 06. i found imovie 06 easy to use, is it that much of a change?

Definitely worth the upgrade! The good news is that you can have both iMovie '06 and iMovie '08 installed. Both have their strengths and you will find, depending on your choice of media, you might use both quite frequently.

Enjoy!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I have ilife 08 so when next upgrade will be updated ?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by john methew View Post

I have ilife 08 so when next upgrade will be updated ?

Expect that to be 2009 after OS X 10.6.