Do Leopard Notes & Todos sync with .Mac?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Do Mail 3 Notes & Todos sync with .Mac?

I watched the video and did not see any evidence of this. I've heard that they will sync with iPhones, but I have not heard about syncing with .Mac. I assume that this will be available eventually, but it's not clear if it will be available when Leopard is released.

Also, does anyone know if the the .Mac calendar will ever be interactive? As far as I can tell, you can only update it from a Mac, using iCal. Since I have a PC at work, I am unable to update the calendar and have to use Google.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Anyone?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Just a guess, but Notes and To-dos should "sync" with the iPhone because they are part of Leopard's Mail, and Mail syncs with the iPhone (depending on the type of account - .Mac's imap-type accounts should stay synced).

For computer-computer syncing, I don't really see why you'd even need .Mac - as long as it's in email, and you're using imap, it should sync from the server. FWIW, though, the 300 features page says Notes sync with .Mac.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Just a guess, but Notes and To-dos should "sync" with the iPhone because they are part of Leopard's Mail, and Mail syncs with the iPhone (depending on the type of account - .Mac's imap-type accounts should stay synced).

For computer-computer syncing, I don't really see why you'd even need .Mac - as long as it's in email, and you're using imap, it should sync from the server. FWIW, though, the 300 features page says Notes sync with .Mac.

Excellent! That answers my question. Thank you.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Has anyone had a chance to try this? I realize now that the feature list only says that you can sync notes with .Mac--it doesn't say that you can access them from Mail in .Mac. This would mean that they are only accessible from another Mac. Since I only have a PC at work, this is not helpful (if true).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Liandrin View Post

Excellent! That answers my question. Thank you.