iBook G4 Upgrades?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay so I am new on this site and I was wondering what upgrades would be beneficial for me and ibook. I have an iBook G4 1.07 GHz, it is not the fastest thing in the world but I am surprised it is as fast as it is because I was not expecting that much. I am a multi tasker like most people and every now and then my computer decides to play with the rainbow beach ball for a while. It gets the job done but I am thinking it can be faster because nothing is impossible. My RAM now is 512 MB and is there a way to upgrade my CPU to 1.8 GHz or something close it? Would RAM help with multitasking?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Diversion18 View Post

Okay so I am new on this site and I was wondering what upgrades would be beneficial for me and ibook. I have an iBook G4 1.07 GHz, it is not the fastest thing in the world but I am surprised it is as fast as it is because I was not expecting that much. I am a multi tasker like most people and every now and then my computer decides to play with the rainbow beach ball for a while. It gets the job done but I am thinking it can be faster because nothing is impossible. My RAM now is 512 MB and is there a way to upgrade my CPU to 1.8 GHz or something close it? Would RAM help with multitasking?

Yes, RAM would help, but the iBook cannot recive a proc upgrade. It is directly soldered to the motherboard. Here is a like to what you might want, for any other upgrades.