Netflix w/Boot Camp

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
In addition to delivering DVDs to your home, Netflix now offers a ?Watch Instantly? feature that allows you to download a movie directly to your computer and watch it instantly! So far, this feature is limited to PC users; it does not work on Macs. If you are on a Mac and try to use the WI feature you get a warning that ?Your operating system is not compatible with this feature. Try again from a computer with Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista.?

Netflix has not provided a timeline of when the WI feature will work on Macs/OS X.

Does this WI feature work on Macs running Windows with Boot Camp? Anyone know?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by baygbm View Post

In addition to delivering DVDs to your home, Netflix now offers a ?Watch Instantly? feature that allows you to download a movie directly to your computer and watch it instantly! So far, this feature is limited to PC users; it does not work on Macs. If you are on a Mac and try to use the WI feature you get a warning that ?Your operating system is not compatible with this feature. Try again from a computer with Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista.?

Netflix has not provided a timeline of when the WI feature will work on Macs/OS X.

Does this WI feature work on Macs running Windows with Boot Camp? Anyone know?

Dude... What part of running windows on a PC don't you understand?

Mac = intel PC

Bootcamp = Run your OS of choice.

Why the hell is that so difficult for people to get a grip on. Are windows users that ignorant?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    baygbmbaygbm Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Dude... What part of running windows on a PC don't you understand?

Mac = intel PC

Bootcamp = Run your OS of choice.

Why the hell is that so difficult for people to get a grip on. Are windows users that ignorant?

Have you used Boot Camp to use the Watch Instatntly feature on Netflix? Does watching a movie instantly count against your movies per month or is it an unlimited suppliment to the movies you are allowed to have at one time??
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Read netflix's web site about their WI.

Anyway, whatever happens when you do it on any other PC happens, becase Apple+BootCamp+Windows XP= WINDOWS PC-- REAL, FULL-FLEDGED PC. What is so hard for people to understand about this?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    I haven't used the feature via Boot Camp yet, but it works fine via Parallels, albeit the fan runs a bit more than I would like (MacBook).

It's rumored that Netflex is working on an OSX/QuickTIme version.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

Read netflix's web site about their WI.

Anyway, whatever happens when you do it on any other PC happens, becase Apple+BootCamp+Windows XP= WINDOWS PC-- REAL, FULL-FLEDGED PC. What is so hard for people to understand about this?

Look. This JakeTheRock had a better description. The Mac is a PC if your using windows via boot-camp it's a Windows PC. What ever happens on a Windows PC is what will happen when your running a Windows PC. Weather your running windows on a HP PC or an Apple PC they are both going to be a Windows PC. There is no difference. Dont you get it yet?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Jesus, onlooker, way to be an ass to a new user. Take your meds.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R View Post

Jesus, onlooker, way to be an ass to a new user. Take your meds.

Sorry. I just got off work where I have to explain the same exact thing to the exact same 10 people time, and time again. It's like I never left.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Do you yell at them like that? Because that's pretty hilarious.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Who's yelling?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    I guess that's how I pictured it in my mind. At least that's what I want to do when someone asks me stupid annoying questions.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Well no; I wasn't intending for it to look that way I was just typing it over and over again. Just like at work where I have to try and drill the details in, but they keep coming back and asking the same things.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Sorry. I just got off work where I have to explain the same exact thing to the exact same 10 people time, and time again. It's like I never left.

Are you looking for a god damn pat on your back? No one made you answer this persons question. If you got a problem about answering stupid questions, get the hell out of the retail business! Or get used to stupid people. If you'd like us to bow down to you because you work at an apple store, just tell us. I sell jewelry for a living... Everyone KISS my feet!!!!