Help with os X icons

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I am trying to make some of my icons, but I am stupid and have no idea how to go about doing this. Can any of you help me out? Maybe Michaelm8000 or someone?

Thanks,

Strider

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Strider this is what I usually do and I find it's the easiest. I make all my icons in Photoshop. I make a 128, 48, 32, and 16 pixel versions. I save them as .psd files with the background transparent. Then I take the application "IconComposer" that comes with the OS X dev tools and import the pics that way.. then I save as a icn. You can stop there or you can then bring it into Iconographer and fine tune them.

I found this is the easiest way for me anyhow.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I do my icons by...

1. making the pic.

2. Make the pic 128X128 and 72 DPI

3. Make a mask of the Pic

4. Copy and Past into Iconographer.

5. Reasize everything and copy and past at all the different sizes (48X48, 32X32, 16X16)

It is really easy I am sure you will get it.

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/mikesicons/Menu3.html"; target="_blank"></a>

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Michaelm8000 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 3
    [quote]Originally posted by Sinewave:

<strong>Strider this is what I usually do and I find it's the easiest. I make all my icons in Photoshop. I make a 128, 48, 32, and 16 pixel versions. I save them as .psd files with the background transparent. Then I take the application "IconComposer" that comes with the OS X dev tools and import the pics that way.. then I save as a icn. You can stop there or you can then bring it into Iconographer and fine tune them.

I found this is the easiest way for me anyhow.</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you're going to use photoshop you might as well use IconBuilder... (a photoshop plugin for creating the icns)