New iPhone Owner... YAY!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So I finally made the plunge and switched to the iPhone. I had it plugged into my Mac (which the lid was closed) all day and I came back to find it only had 20% battery left?

Any idea why this may have happened? Does the iPhone have a bad battery life?? Did it use up batter faster because it was plugged into the dock when the computer wasn't on?

Just curious if anyone might know what happened? Thanks in advance.

FYI, I LOVE MY IPHONE!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It won't charge when the computer is asleep like that, unfortunately.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TrojanShawn View Post

So I finally made the plunge and switched to the iPhone. I had it plugged into my Mac (which the lid was closed) all day and I came back to find it only had 20% battery left?

Any idea why this may have happened? Does the iPhone have a bad battery life?? Did it use up batter faster because it was plugged into the dock when the computer wasn't on?

Just curious if anyone might know what happened? Thanks in advance.

FYI, I LOVE MY IPHONE!

I have had that same problem. Thinking perhaps the Macbook Pro is trying to charge its batteries off of the iPhone.... idk.

Here is also a couple problems.

When the lid of your Macbook/Macbook Pro is closed:

1. Plugging in the iPhone will start up the computer.

2. Unplugging the iPhone will start up the computer.

That is the biggest complaint I have about it. I normally keep the lid closed at all times and then when I want to go somewhere I can't just unplug the iPhone and take it with me because the computer turns on. I always have to open the lid, unplug the phone, and then close the lid. Pain in the ass if you ask me.

When the lid of your Macbook/Macbook Pro is opened:

1. Plugging in the iPhone takes you to iPhoto/iTunes.

2. Unplugging the iPhone will do nothing.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Not fair, I want one too.