OS X DVD Player update available

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
It's magically appeared via Software Update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    So... any word on what it updates?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>So... any word on what it updates?</strong><hr></blockquote>

According to the bumph, "improved performance and stability", and support for the Smurf G3s and PCI graphics G4s.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Did it screw up anyones systems? At the MacAddict forums there are a few people who said their DVD Player isn't working after the update. Can it be a problem like Apple had with iTunes 2?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Did it screw up anyones systems? At the MacAddict forums there are a few people who said their DVD Player isn't working after the update. Can it be a problem like Apple had with iTunes 2?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No. If it were then those people wouldn't have a DVD Player to be complaining about.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    A <a href="http://macintouch.com"; target="_blank">MacInTouch</a> reader has written in to say that DVD 3.0.1 works on his Rev. A Beige G3.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I had problems with a DVD (roll-overs out of place, merely cosmetic), but a restart fixed it.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    So it supports the hardware DVD decoders now?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    Downloaded it, installed it, and tested it. On cursory overview it works fine. In the 5 minutes of video I cannot be sure but I think it looks better too. Less artifacts (and I thought it looked fine before.) No complaints here.

G4 400 Sawtooth.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    OK, after hearing positive reports it's time for me to download.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by Belle:

<strong>It's magically appeared via Software Update.</strong><hr></blockquote>

doggone, not here not yet via latest S/W Update.

(I presume it applies to the iBook 600 Combo?). The stand-alone installer was a no-go. Tried it but it showed the OS X 10.1 volume greyed out.