Help! Continued iPhone Porting problems: Advice needed

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So i have had some significant porting issues related to my new iPhone. I have had it now 3 weeks and stil am not able to get my old number ported across.

Here is the skinny: I had the initial problem of living in a different area than where my old number is listed to, and have fixed that problem whereby the system wont allow me to port across.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...ht=iphone+port

Incidently, i happen to live in Cupertino, CA, as per the link above, but i still use a CT number since that is where i am from.

Initially, I was assigned a 408 (area code) number, but have had that backed out and now have a 203 number, which is the same area code and region that i want to port across from. AT&T is now telling me that the phone prefix (203-531-XXXX) is not one that they are set up for. This is a major suburban area outside of New York City, but they are telling me that they cannot do it, because they are not licensed to have that certain bandwidth with the FCC. WTF? I thought you could port across any number? My current number was on a landline, which i ported across to a T Mobile account, and now i want to bring it across to AT&T. The area where it is registered (Greenwich, CT) is a major metropolitan area, where i am certain they have coverage

Can anyone help me with this? I really dont want to return the phone, but if i cant use my existing phone number, i will have to.