Dockulicious - Upload and share your Leopard docks & more...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So a friend and I have been working very hard for the past week on Dockulicious.com.

Basically, it is a place for people to upload and share the docks they have created for Leopard. Unlike the other sites that are just compilations of all the docks out there where people really get no proper credit, this allows you to upload your dock and set up a profile with a link to your website, etc. You can also download other people's docks and comment on them.

We also made an app called the Dockulicious DockSwitcher. The way it works is you take the dock you download from our site (as a .zip file) and drag it on to the Dockulicious app icon. It replaces the current dock you have and restarts the dock so you see the changes immediately. We really wanted to make it as simple as possible. We've been letting others test it for a week or so now and all the kinks have been ironed out so go ahead and try it. Works with not only 3D but ALSO 2D docks.

I'm sure you'll find some bugs/things we missed, so if you do please let us know and we'll get on it.

Stuff we are working on for now:

Rating System

Any advice, feedback, etc. would be much appreciated!

Mods: I really don't intend for this to be a spam post. I feel it is genuinely Mac related and I've been a long time reader of these forums. If you feel this thread belongs elsewhere, then please accept my apologies and move it to the proper sub-forum.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Love the layout of the site!!!

I'll definitely register!

What app did you use to make and publish the site?

Thanks!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Thank you for the kind comments, they are much appreciated!

The website was coded by hand actually, and the graphics were done in Photoshop but you can use any image manipulation program.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by idyll View Post

The website was coded by hand actually, and the graphics were done in Photoshop but you can use any image manipulation program.

Seriously?? Coded by hand?

Wow, thats awesome!

I just registered as parker.

Love it!

Parker

edit:

I uploaded my dock
  • Reply 4 of 9
    link removed, don't want to upset the mods

thanks for the heads up guys
  • Reply 5 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Zak is gonna be pissed.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    who is zak? is he behind leoparddocks? if so, he and his crew have been digging down a lot of the positive comments about our site. it's really quite annoying

at any rate, smee - your cthrough dock is the most downloaded dock on our website. 655 downloads so far and counting.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by idyll View Post

who is zak? is he behind leoparddocks? if so, he and his crew have been digging down a lot of the positive comments about our site. it's really quite annoying

at any rate, smee - your cthrough dock is the most downloaded dock on our website. 655 downloads so far and counting.

Holy cow!

You serious, thats crazy!

I've been trying to edit the picture of the dock, because the picture I uploaded before is to small, so I took another pic of the same dock with less icons on it.

But it won't let me edit it.

Love your site!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I believe zak is the guy who said he was personally banning anyone who posted another 'digg it' link. (maybe not though... someone definitely said that)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    woops, sorry about that. i removed the digg link, had no idea. do not want to upset the mods of course