2 Safari tabs questions

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
OK, so now i have leopard and brushed metal is gone, I started to use safari as my main browser instead of Camino. I like it a lot but have two gripes that I hope some genius knows a solution for:

1: Command tab opens a single bookmark in a new tab. I often open an entire folder of related bookmarks from my bookmarks bar. In camino, I could command-click "open in tabs" and the bookmarks would open in new tabs. This doesn't work in Safari AFAIK, so I have to open a new window first to prevent the tabs I already have open to be replaced by the new tabs I'm opening. Is there a work-around/plugin for that or should I go to the safari-feedback page?

2: Related: I highly prefer working in a single window and in both firefox and camino you can set a "single window" mode in which all links are opened in tabs instead of new windows. Yes, I know about command-click but find that cumbersome and often forget it, so I end up with multiple windows while I'd highly prefer to have all pages in multiple tabs in one window.

Thanks for any input on this!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Safari/Preferences/Tabs Select the top box

This will do it for you.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reg View Post

Safari/Preferences/Tabs Select the top box

This will do it for you.

Nope it will not. I already have that enabled. Try it!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I just reread your post and tried opening in tabs at the bottom of the file. It is strange that you would lose the tabs that are already opened. I guess it is time for an Apple feedback. Sorry