Where is the sound in Aqua?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I for one loved the platinum sounds in OS9.

So when are we gonna get environment sounds in OS X? i'm actually a little shocked they didn't make the 10.1 boat.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    we can only hope
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I believe someone has made or is working on something that adds soundset support to OS X.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I miss soundsets as well. For some reason they always gave me the illusion that my computer was faster. I guess hearing sounds zip around does that
  • Reply 4 of 7
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    I loved that they were in stereo, i would zip back and forth across the menu bar and hear the sounds whiz from left to right, right to left....but then after about 10 seconds they'd annoy me, and i'd turn them off.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>I miss soundsets as well. For some reason they always gave me the illusion that my computer was faster. I guess hearing sounds zip around does that </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah! That might be the solution to OS X's slowness.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Ugh, those sounds were so frigging annoying. Not as annoying as many of the Windows sound sets I've heard people use, but annoying. Fine if they are an option, but I won't be using them, and I hope they spend time doing more important things than that.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I can't work with out thim, when im in 9.

They are such a part of the use of OS 9 that it feels weird to have them off, even though I never acknowledge that they are on (its like second nature to me). Hmm I love them

-Owl