removing an icon from the toolbar

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have an icon on my toolbar (is that what the bar on the top of the screen is called?) for a program (chronosync) that I have uninstalled on my computer, however the icon is still on the computer. Its not a big deal, but it's a little annoying.

It is the icon on the far right of this picture.

I have tried using spotlight to search for the program that runs with this, and it hasnt come up with anything. Thanks in advance

-Dylan

EDIT: I guess these should have gone into the genius bar section. Sorry about that!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Those are called menulets and to remove them, just hold down the Command key and drag it off the menubar towards your desktop (⌘-drag).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cake View Post

Those are called menulets and to remove them, just hold down the Command key and drag it off the menubar towards your desktop (⌘-drag).

Thanks!!! That thing was driving me crazy. I like having a clean menubar...

GB
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Those are called menulets

Thanks for this. I guess you really DO learn something new everyday

...unfortunately I'll probably forget it by next week
  • Reply 4 of 4
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whatne1wuddo View Post

I have an icon on my toolbar (is that what the bar on the top of the screen is called?)

Menu bar. The tool bar is the one right underneath a window's title bar. For instance, in Safari's case, it's the row which normally has the back/forward buttons, the address field, etc.

Quote:

Those are called menulets

Apple calls them menu extras, actually. (Depending on which API they use, also status items.)