I give up

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Go ahead then. Buy a PC.

Sheesh, people.

It's not a crisis if you have to wait a few more weeks for upgraded Powerbooks and Powermacs.

Sdc, migrating to the Mac from the PC

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by suckfuldotcom:

<strong>Go ahead then. Buy a PC. Sheesh, people. It's not a crisis if you have to wait a few more weeks for upgraded Powerbooks and Powermacs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You assume to much. There's nothing but anecdotal evidence that Motorola does in fact, have their shite together, and are about ready to deliver something worthy of praise. All you have to go on is optimism, I'm afraid. That said, I think a fair number of us expected this. I know I did, but I was hoping Steve would at least prove me a little bit wrong by speed bumping the PM line (or maybe adding super drives throughout without changing the price)...but no...

And as I've said in other threads, I don't think MW Tokyo is a logical place to make a huge product announcement. That show doesn't get much visibility compared to the two shows in teh US or even Seybold.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Rants belong in General Discussion.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Tokyo can get as much coverage as Apple see fit. Cue taglines
  • Reply 4 of 8
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    Tokyo has also been pushed back to March instead of February (March 21-23 I believe). That's a nice long wait for a speed-bumped PM.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by cowerd:

<strong>Tokyo has also been pushed back to March instead of February (March 21-23 I believe). That's a nice long wait for a speed-bumped PM.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple event anyone?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    synsyn Posts: 329member
    You assume to much. There's nothing but anecdotal evidence that Motorola does in fact, have their shite together, and are about ready to deliver something worthy of praise

sure... high-end iMac same MHz as high-end PowerMac, and same chip too, I'm pretty sure Apple hasn't got anything better to offer pros.

You guys need to reconsider your statements, seriously.

(Nothing personal, just that I thought the keynote was pretty good but was sure it'd be full of doomsayers' threads in here.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    Actually, the new iMac has the same type chip as the 733 PM, but not the 800/867s, because they have L3 cache.

Dave
  • Reply 8 of 8
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    I predict a early February "event".

Maybe they need more time to procure chips?