French Orange price confirmed

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
French Contract confirmed

(don't know if hosting them on a .mac is the best place...)

Translation:

soir et week end = evening and week end

messagerie vocale visuelle illimité ) visual voice mail unlimited

email et internet en illimité = do i need to translate

plus access to 30 000 free wifi hotspots Orange

minimum contract 24 month if you want to go for 12 month only add 4.5 euro on top of each contract

no voip, p2p et modem usage allowed

no word about the unlocked iphone, probably around 1000 euros, same as the German

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    naasnaas Posts: 15member
    A pre-sale will be made the 28th a day before the official date in 12 locations 18h30 to 22h00 gmt+1

bordeaux

lilles

lyon

marseille

montpelier

nice

paris

rennes

starsbourg

toulouse

to buy an iphone orange does require:

an id card

an iban

a cancelled cheque or a bank card

a proff of address
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Ars are claiming the unlocked version will be ?100 more.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...tails-revealed

Like the UK and Germany, those plans still look expensive to me but are they in France?

Quote:

no voip, p2p et modem usage allowed

You can't do that anyway with an iPhone or did I miss Apple adding a full iChat client on the phone, Acquisition and fixing their bluetooth profiles?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

Ars are claiming the unlocked version will be ?1000 more.

http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...tails-revealed

Like the UK and Germany, those plans still look expensive to me but are they in France?

You can't do that anyway with an iPhone or did I miss Apple adding a full iChat client on the phone, Acquisition and fixing their bluetooth profiles?

there is no sign/info about the unlocked iphone price, but yes you're right 1000, or 999 euros will be probably the street price.

in the same time three do propose a gsm with skype that allow you to chat to skype user for free and call skype users for free. and guess what ? no contract is required, a simple pay as you go is ok !

ok its not an apple product but its the first breach in the mobile phone provider business model.

http://three.com/

come on apple allow skype and REAL ichat on iphone/itouch
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by naas View Post

there is no sign/info about the unlocked iphone price, but yes you're right 1000, or 999 euros will be probably the street price.

in the same time three do propose a gsm with skype that allow you to chat to skype user for free and call skype users for free. and guess what ? no contract is required, a simple pay as you go is ok !

ok its not an apple product but its the first breach in the mobile phone provider business model.

http://three.com/

come on apple allow skype and REAL ichat on iphone/itouch

naas, I typed ?100, not ?1000. That wasn't a typo. If you read the Ars article you'd have realised that.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aegisdesign View Post

naas, I typed ?100, not ?1000. That wasn't a typo. If you read the Ars article you'd have realised that.

Missed your "more"

seems to be too low as most french customer willbuy them without contract, i would say that 200 euros MORE would be close to orange price, but why not, i would be delighted is ARS is right !

In a radio interview the orange CEO Didier Lombard said:

'Le prix de l'iPhone nu en France sera "significativement" plus bas que celui en Allemagne (999 ?)"

price of the iphone without contract will be significantly" lower than the german price

he also said that American iphone will work with an orange sim card

so lets buy an American iphone a 270 euros, thanks to the exchange rate

to the question: does a SIP client or a SKYPE client will be available ?

than answer has been:

YES

finally a real Ichat will come soon ?