Microsoft Surface - Where is it???

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When announced it was my understanding that this would be available, albeit at $10,000 price point, in Oct. 2007. I've seen nothing and was just wondering. On the Microsoft web site the only thing I can find is a few demos at Sheraton hotels and some reference to Spring 2008 now.

Has anyone seen anything more definitive?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    It hasn't surfaced yet? Maybe something's going on under the table? Maybe MS has lost its touch?

Thank-you, drive safely.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    It sees a lot of use on the TV show CSI Miami. Looks pretty cool actually, very very Minority Report-like.

Cheers
  • Reply 4 of 10
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Is that the one where they take a surveillance photo from a grainy CCTV camera, zoom in on the reflection off of an old lady's wristwatch, and "enhance"?

They do that in every episode... They should be on SciFi

---------

It's interesting, because I didn't think that Surface was anything more than a research project that MS pulled out to show that they can be cool too. I'm not sure that I ever thought that it would be used... well, maybe in another ten years...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY

Nice.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

They do that in every episode... They should be on SciFi

Dude. Seriously, it is much more complicated than you make it out to be. I can note three instances off the top of my head where Comannder LaForge worked hard and long to get those "enhanced" holo images. Please don't diss Sci-Fi like that again, please...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

Dude. Seriously, it is much more complicated than you make it out to be. I can note three instances off the top of my head where Comannder LaForge worked hard and long to get those "enhanced" holo images. Please don't diss Sci-Fi like that again, please...

Seriously?

LaForge worked hard?

I'm trying my best to read sarcasm into what you wrote, but it's just not there...

My only point was that CSI is Science Fiction.

I have all five seasons of B5 on my shelf: I'm not "dissing" Science Fiction.

You're trolling, right?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Seriously?

LaForge worked hard?

I'm trying my best to read sarcasm into what you wrote, but it's just not there...

My only point was that CSI is Science Fiction.

I have all five seasons of B5 on my shelf: I'm not "dissing" Science Fiction.

You're trolling, right?

The sarcasm is there... You just have to be a TNG fan to get it. B5 fans are out there...

• Reply 9 of 10
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

When announced it was my understanding that this would be available, albeit at $10,000 price point, in Oct. 2007. I've seen nothing and was just wondering. On the Microsoft web site the only thing I can find is a few demos at Sheraton hotels and some reference to Spring 2008 now.

Has anyone seen anything more definitive?

Well Microsoft did say it would take two to three years to productize from the research platform it is/was. I have no clue where you got the 6 months and it would be available idea. The damn thing is just research vaporware unveiled when it was to get MS some touchscreen love and try to steal a little thunder from the upcoming iPhone.